Martin Luther Evangelical Lutheran Church, Vancouver, B.C.
We are happy to announce that Martin Luther Evangelical Lutheran Church re-opened for church services on Sunday, July 5, 2020.
We will continue to offer a Sunday service unless a significant event occurs causing the Provincial Health Officer to re-impose tightened restrictions.
We appreciate receiving your offering envelopes in support of the church to cover expenses (elevator maintenance, fire alarm inspection, building repairs, lawn care, property taxes, etc.)
ATTEND CHURCH AT YOUR OWN RISK! IF IN DOUBT, DO NOT ATTEND!
For the sake of the general community, persons with any of the following conditions should NOT attend.
- People with Covid-19 OR people who live with someone who has Covid-19.
- People who have been exposed to someone who has Covid-19.
- People who traveled internationally and returned to Canada within the last 14 days.
- People who are sick (or even feel slightly sick) with symptoms (especially lung or other flu-like symptoms) or allergies which might appear to be similar to those related to Covid-19.
- People who live with lung, respiratory, or any other flu-like symptoms.
- People who live with elderly people who may be at risk because of medical conditions.
- Elderly people OR people with compromised medical conditions such as heart disease, high blood pressure, chronic diseases from smoking, lung cancer, or any other breathing-related illnesses.
These are precautionary instructions to reduce the potential risk of transmission of Covid-19 to others.
As safeguards, the following procedures will be implemented to prevent the spread of the Covid-19 virus.
- All entry should be through the main front door only, except for use of the elevator which will have a maximum limit of two occupants at a time.
- After the service, all persons should exit via the main front door only or via the elevator. The only exception is for those coming from the downstairs washroom. Those persons may exit via the side door.
- Use the upstairs washroom if it is available.
- Sanitizer will be provided. Please use it when entering or exiting the church.
- Seating will be restricted to alternate rows. Pews will be marked with a sign indicating “1 person” or “1 family”.
- All services will be combined (English and German congregations together), starting at 10:00 am with a regular service liturgy.
- Please refrain from shaking hands, hugging, and extended conversations.
- Masks are not compulsory. If you want to wear a mask, please bring your own. Masks can be purchased at:
ROKKO Sarees and Fabrics (6201 Fraser Street)
Canada Post Outlet (6417 Fraser Street – at 44th Avenue)
Rexall Drugs (6580 Fraser Street)
- There will be no singing as yet. When singing is re-introduced, a mask will be required for those who opt to sing.
- There will not be a choir at the present time.
- No Bulletins will be supplied. All information will be projected onto the overhead screen during the church service.
- Please leave your offerings in the offering plate/bowl at the front door when entering or exiting.
- After the service, the back (last) row of congregants will exit first and the front row of congregants will exit last to avoid the risk of contact.
- Coffee fellowship will not be held after the service.
- The benches, lectern, microphone, etc., will be sanitized once each week.
We are an Evangelical Lutheran church with services in English and German. Our services use traditional Lutheran liturgies. As a member of the Canadian Association of Lutheran Congregations (CALC), we are a confessional Lutheran church. We strive to teach and live in accordance with scripture and the Lutheran Confessions.
Worship Services are conducted in English and in German.
We welcome you to join our worship service!
FROM MARTIN LUTHER'S SMALL CATECHISM
The Third Commandment:
Remember the Sabbath Day to keep it holy.
What does this mean?
We should fear and love God so that we do not despise the preaching of His Word, but hold it sacred and gladly hear and learn it.